The Best of Leeds

View from my flat window!

Leeds is an absolutely huge city, filled with millions of bars and restaurants.
Coming into Leeds can be overwhelming, every two minutes you're greeted with another cocktail bar, another restaurant, another "quirky" bar. Thankfully, I'm at university there; I have 3 years at least to find places I love and hate. But what about those who don't have 3 years? Where do you go? 

I've short listed my favourites. NB all photos from this point onwards are from the relative venue's website (which is linked) to keep quality of representation fair.

For Cocktails: Angelica



Angelica in the Trinity Centre is pretty amazing. There is an air of class about the bar, with the option of dining, too. Table service is provided no matter where you sit, or what you order, which is nice as you don't have to queue at the bar. Every time I have been, the staff have been extremely polite and friendly. The method of pay has always been on a tab - again a positive for me.


For Food: Fazenda



The meat lovers heaven. Want the perfect steak? Look no further. Fazenda is an all you can eat (!!) steak house. From fillet to chicken hearts, you're able to try anything and everything you want from their extensive list of meats. The chefs will cook all meats to your liking. The salad bar is amazing - but don't fill up on that! Save room for your meat. The dessert cocktails are fantastic, too.





The first time I visited The Botanist was for date night with my gorgeous boyfriend. Walking in is like a hobbits underground home: it's so oldy-wordly. We really could not fault the food - I certainly would recommend the camembert and swinging kebabs! The cocktails are pretty cool here, too. I often find myself sat outside The Botanist after work for bevvies with the girls. My favourite thing here, excluding the edgy decor, is the live music. The band that we heard play was amazing. It really made our evening extra special.






There are two Alchemist restaurants in Leeds: Greek Street and Trinity. Both are in the city centre. If you want a meal, go to Greek Street. If it's cocktails and the atmosphere you're after, go to Trinity. Now, without sounding patronising, I think everyone and their aunt that has visited Leeds has taken a stereotypical "I'm at The Alchemist" snap. With cocktails that bubble and change colour, and food that excites the inner child, there's nothing to dislike.




I must warn you, when I say 'splashing the cash', we are talking £10 a cocktail: minimum. Sky Lounge is set 13 floors high in The Hilton, Double Tree hotel. Being located opposite Fazenda, it's perfect for luxury after dinner drinks. The decor is sleek and modern, the views incredible, and the staff are extremely friendly. 


Where are the best places in your city? Anywhere in Leeds I've missed?

Love always, Emily.

Share:

0 comments