theBalm Mary Lou Manizer Luminizer Review

Every YouTube tutorial I have seen over the past few weeks has raved about the Mary Lou highlighter. It looked amazing on Holly Boon. I jumped over to Feel Unique and placed an order. At £17.50, it was not cheap option for a highlight.

In my opinion, the packaging actually looks a little tacky. I don't particularly like the provocative photograph on the front and it looks a little bit cheap compared to other highlighters of a similar price tag.

Upon application, the first thing I noticed about the highlight is that it seems to be very powdery. I seemed to get a lot of fall-out and wasted product. It didn't seem to do much for my skin tone either. The first time I used it, I was my usual pale self. I re-tried this product after fake tanning, and it still didn't add much, either! 

Maybe it's the brush I am using, but I quickly ran out of patience with it! I have found myself to be picking up my £3 Makeup Revolution highlight more than this - disappointing for the price difference! 

I kind of actually regret buying this. I never reach for it, so it has just been passed on to my little sister in hope she finds some use for it. What're your thoughts?

Love always, Emily. x x

Share:

0 comments