9 THINGS I JUST CAN'T HANDLE

Meryl Streep once said, very politely "I can't stand most things I see". Let's be honest, we all have our little niches..

Bad Table Manners:
I can't stand sitting down to eat and hearing people munch on their foods. I don't care where we are; from the cinema to a michelin star restaurant. CLOSE. YOUR. MOUTH. Genuinely, I don't understand how some people can eat so loudly - and it is not just that! Keeping your mouth closed when eating is not that difficult, really it is not. I don't want to see a whorl wind of food going round - oh heeeeell no.

Ps and Qs, Their, They're and There
Next up, grammar and manners. Is it really that hard to say "please" or "thank you" before asking for something, or after gaining it. Little things in life really do matter, manners cost nothing and it is a simple way of showing respect people! While on the subject of basics, grammar. I do not understand how one can get to an age and still not know the difference between the three. Not only this, but basic grammatical errors reallly bug me. Sorry but they do!

Feet
Unpainted toe nail varnish, hairy toes, toes bigger than other toes and discoloured toes. Toes in general are the grounds of my foot hatred. Don't get me wrong, I mean I could look at a pair of feet inside a pair of LB's allllllll day, but I cannot stand naked feet. The lumps and bumps of bones, and the smell in the case of some people. I just can't do it.

Insects and Buzzers
Buzzers as in Bee's; I can't cope with anything that flies that is smaller than a pigeon. Summer is my favourite season, but it can be easily ruined spending my time swatting the critters. From wasps to nats, bees to flies, I can't deal with any of them. They fly in your ears, the go into your mouth and eyes and what freaks me out much? You will never know what the last thing was that pesky insect landed on.

Pot Dolls
Glass eyes. Fake hair. Pot-china faces. Need I go on? No? Thank you.

Strange Smells
Don't get me wrong, I understand everyone sweats and from time to time, that 24hr deodorant it slackin'. However, I can't see an excuse for smelling very badly. I'm a massive freak when it comes to checking to see if I smell. I am so scared of it I find myself covering every part of my skin in some kind of smelling lotion or fragrance. I just don't want to be labelled as smelly. I've even started spraying Michael too now, just incase. Can't be the girl with the smelly boyfriend, eyh?

School
Now this one is kind of odd. I love and adore learning; so school should be the perfect place for me, right? Wrong. I can't wait to leave Sixth Form for university next year. I feel my Sixth Form very much babies its students, and half most the people here I can't even stand to see. Don't get me wrong, there are some lovely people here. But most of them lead me on to my next niche..

Two-Faces
I'm not on about looking in a mirror, oh no, I am on about the people who like to be very nice to your face, and then behind your back be horrible. I'm sure we all know and are aware of people like this. I do know that not everyone can get along, and some habits will irritate people, but damn right bitchness, slyness, and rumour spreading annoys the hell out of me. It is so immature and errgh. Not for me. Rather no friends than fake friends.

Stew
Random but simple. I hate coming home to realise my mum has stew in the slow cooker. I am all for healthy eating, easy prep meals, but stew? Really? I dislike the smell of it. I dislike the sloppiness of it. I do not like the texture of it. It just reminds me of a pasta-free version of lasagne and oh my do I hate lasagne. Sorry mum, I'll call a takeout.

Emily x

Share:

0 comments