BATTLE OF MAC POWDERS


So in a previous post, I mentioned how I had been using these two powders and would do a review on them. I used both the powders to set the same foundation, Mac's Studio Sculpt. Both score close to full marks on Mac's website..

First up is the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural. The nicest thing about this powder is how buildable it is without looking 'cakey'. No matter how much you put on, it doesn't feel heavy on the skin. Obviously, the colour will go more 'orange' looking the more you apply. My biggest hate with this powder is that it does take quiet a bit to make the coverage seem flawless. I don't know if it's how I'm applying it or, but I never seem to be able to get full flawless coverage from the powder. I think it's one to put away for 'good' skin days. Moving on we have Mac's Studiocareblend, which does offer good coverage. You don't need a lot of it to cover any blemishes/imperfections underneath the foundation. The colour also matches my foundation well. It is not very buildable, due to it being quite a thick powder, but at the same time I don't see why you would want to build it. After I've applied this powder, I do feel more 'done up' and less natural, as it is a heavy feeling powder. I've also found that the powder smells quite a little (I don't know if this is just me or..) but it does seem to have, what I call, a 'cheap' foundation scent. 
All in all, I think the powders are both of good quility. Both have their perks and flaws. Me personally? I will be putting the Skinfinish Natural away for summer, and for winter using the Studiocareblend. 

What powders do you prefer?

Emily x

Share:

0 comments