REVIEW; NAILS INC POLISHES



1. Caviar Topcoat // 2. Hamstead Heath // 3. The Hurlingham // 4. Soho Street // 5. Disco Lane // 6. Covent Garden Market // 7. Devonshire Row // 8. China Town // 9. Miami Purple // 10. Caviar Basecoat // 11. Houses of Parliament // 12. Monmouth Street           

Each time I walk into Debenhams I find myself debating one thing over and over: Are Nails Inc polishes really worth that £11 price tag? 

As you can see, I have given quite a few of the polishes ago, so this is not a bias post in terms of the type of polish. 

Firstly, the packaging. This is probably one of the only reasons I actually like the product. It's transparent base allows you to see the colour clearly: what you see is what you get. The silver top is rather sleek and eye-catching. The top is also rather large, making it easy to hold to apply the polish. I'm a 'hater' of the hands on the older style bottles, so I am glad they have gotten rid of this design. 

There are a total of 11, yes ELEVEN, different finishes to chose from: special effects, glitter, metallic, matte, crackle, magnetic, gloss, neon, pearlescent, shimmer and sheer. These come in a total of over 100 shades, which personally I find fantastic! I cannot think of any other brand that offers this many colours or finishes. You certainly have your fair share of choices. 

Now time for the downside: the quality. I find that the polishes chip really easily. I've been to complain about this, but they recommend buying a under coat and a top coat (oh yes make me spend more money). So, being the optimist I am, I opted to purchase a summer collection set, containing the under coat and top coat. Obviously, silly me, this did not work. The polishes are rather transparent so you need a good few layers - and by gum it is EFFORT to take those special effects polishes off! But, when first applied they do look good. Before they chip the colour

s are eye-catchingly fabulous.

I can't justify spending another £11 on another of these polishes. Of course, I probably will, but I do think some high street polishes offer better quality for less, such as Essie. 

Emily x

Share:

0 comments