DRUG STORE HAUL

Spotting the Boots '3 for 2' signs sent shopoholic little me into a craze. I picked up just a few (hm..) products that I think are worth a go..

My first purchases were the Collection Concealers. I picked up Medium 2 and Medium 3; for when I am using a darker foundation. The packaging kind of puts me off to try it - it has already (urgh) rubbed off from being in my draws. A lot of people comment on this and I just think it is cheap and nasty. I don't want to think where those black bits go. But it's about what is on the inside that counts I guess.

From the L'oreal counter, I chose their True Match foundation which I have already tried. It is reaaaaally liquidy which I did not expect and rather pale. The coverage is good though and it is much lighter than my beloved Studio Sculpt on the skin so I think it will be my grab and go for summer. The Flutter Lash mascara (which I must say is a-ma-zing!) was another spur of the moment buy. I did not really need another mascara but I am a girl. It was on offer.

Bourjois had some really pretty packaging, hence the Poudre De Riz De Java powder that looks way too pretty to try! I also chose the Chocolate Bronzer which smells fab. I've not tried any of these products yet,

Plainly because I have heard so much about it, I picked up the Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer. The reason I chose another concealer is because this one was a little more pricy suggesting that it would be better quality. As well as this, the product itself is much more compact and I believe it will work better but hey ho we shall see. I also grabbed their Carbon Black Extreme Eyeliner Pen as I just love eyeliner anyway sooo.

To try conquer my drugstore phobia, I picked up a Rimmel product. I used the powder the first day I got it when I got home. Firstly - no reaction wahoo! Secondly, wow. It works, it is light, it certainly does what you would expect. 

To top it all off I picked up some Carmex Lip Balm in Strawberry. My boyfriend's little sister opened this to taste it (mmmmhmmm..) and it is not really a drugstore product I guess, In associate it more with Urban Outfitters ha. It is just one of my favourite things to put on my lips in the summer.

What are your drugstore recommendations? 

Emily x

Share:

0 comments