REVIEW; BOURJOIS POUDRE DE RIZ DE JAVA

After only ever trying their legendary Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder, I was determined to try another Bourjois product and this product looked too lovely to leave.. 

If I am totally honest, when I bought this product I did not have a clue what it was. I had heard Gabby talk about getting this a while back in the video I have linked but never really fully paid attention to what it actually did, I just knew I wanted it - I mean look how pretty it is! 

The Poudre De Riz De Java is described as a "universal illuminating loose powder". It is a really pale pink loose powder with little bits of shimmer in. At first, I was really cautious about using this - no one wants to look like they have walked out of a glitter factory explosion - so I only applied it to my cheeks. Then I realised, the shimmer really was more of a highlight, away went and applied it all over my face. It looked really pretty and added a beautiful 'summer' radiance to my skin. It felt really nice to apply, and looked really natural too, I was pleasantly surprised with how well it blended with my foundation. Another this I have found is that, even on it's own, the powder has a really good coverage. As you can see from the swatch, my wrists are quite veiny. Where I have applied the powder for you to see the colour (it is rather sheer so it doesn't really show up well but you get the jist..), my veins seem disappear. The more of the product I have applied (thinly close to my had, two layers further down), the less and less you can see my veins! Obviously a powder on it's own will never ever coverage blemishes to the extremes that a foundation or concealer will, but this is pretty impressive to me guys!

At £10, this powder is not on the cheap side. You can get sheer powders for around £5 that offer a similar thing. However, I do suggest if you can get your hands on this powder doing so! It looks lovely over every foundation I have tried and gives a really pretty glow - plus it is something I have never seem before.

Emily x

follow me over on Bloglovin'

Share:

0 comments