Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Review


Let's all just take a moment to witness the most beautiful face palette I have ever came across...

I have been swooning over this palette since it was realised. Living very close to Harvey Nichols, it was hard to ignore it every time I passed. With it's hefty £65 price tag, I would never have bought it myself as it is relatively small. My boyfriend bought this to "cheer me up" and certainly made me laugh with the comment "I didn't realise your everyday makeup was so expensive babe". I'm not going to tell him that this is a very rare luxury hehe!

So the palette itself. The Ambient Lighting Edit consists of 6 powders that can be used alone or in combination. Personally, I have never owned any Hourglass products, so did not know what to expect. My first impressions were that I loved the packaging. It has a lovely large mirror and looks expensive. Baring in mind I had seen the palette beforehand, I still am shocked at how small it is. The Tom Ford lipstick nearby might give you a rough idea.

Starting on the top row (from left to right), we have Dim Light. I've been using this, lightly, all over my face for a "glowly" look. You need very little product and I can visibly see the change this powder makes straight away. Iridescent Strobe Light is a pink toned sheer illuminating highligher that is exclusive to the palette. Again, the pigmentation is amazing. Moving onto the final shade on the top row, Diffused Light, there is a yellow toned setting powder. I have been using this as a highlighter and it works just as well. 

On the bottom row, we two blushes and a bronzer. Mood Exposure is almost a purple toned pink that certainly adds a warm glow to the cheeks. Luminous Flush is my absolute favourite shade in the palette. I honestly used to never wear blush - preferring the sleek contour look. However, this adds a lovely subtle pop of colour to my cheeks that I cannot get enough of. Finally, Luminous Bronze Light can be used as a general bronzer or contour shade. I was pleasantly surprised at the pigmentation. 

So should you buy it? 

Pros: 
- travel ready!
- variety of colours for pretty much every powdery face need
- amazing pigmentation

Cons:
- price tag!
- size of pans.
- realistically, you need travel sized brushes 

What do you think of this palette?

Love always, Emily.

Share:

0 comments