Review; Tom Ford Nude Vanille Lipstick


Just look at it though. 

Tom Ford lipsticks are amazingly hydrating and pigmented. My boyfriend chose the shade 12: Nude Vanille.  It's a lovely nude peachy pink shade. You're probably thinking that £38 for a nude lippy is crazy: and I agree. The packaging alone captures my heart. I genuinely think it's the prettiest lipstick I have ever seen; the contrast of the gold and black gives a real luxurious feel. It is rather sturdy and I do feel it will hold up very well. The engraved "TF" on the top adds a little more luxury even still.

When you pop the cap off of the lipstick, you're greeted with the same expensive gold. Again, this is really sturdy to twist, making it feel of value. The top of the lipstick is engraved with "TF" like the lid. This sadly wears over time. The creamy formula is extremely hydrating on the lips and it has a gorgeous sheen. It has such a buttery texture and surprisingly lasts a long time. My "first run" held up a meal and a few cocktails.

The lipstick is said to include rare and exotic Soja seed extract, Brazillian Murumuru butter and Chamomilla flower oil. Fancy but not really of any meaning to me or anyone else I know. As you can see from the swatch, it really is very pigmented for only one swipe.



So would I buy it, again? Personally is a no from me. 

Pros: 
- heavily pigmented!
- perfect for extremely special occasions
- a lovely lipstick lover gift

Cons:
- the price tag?!

So the only really con of the lippy is the price tag. £38 is extortionate when you can buy other lipsticks of similar quality (Mac I'm looking at you) for less that half the price. If you really want to treat yourself, or want an amazing gift, this is perfect.

Big up my boyfriend for buying me this, though!

Love always, Emily. 

Share:

0 comments