2016 focuses


2016 is the year I want to properly  blog. I'm not talking about my 2014 makeup splurges, or my 2015 "1 post fail". I'm talking about the real life, of a real student, with real everyday issues.

I kindly want to thank everyone still following me. 2015 was a year of ups and downs for myself, as I am sure it was for many of you guys. I'm going to use my blogging platform (which I plan to completely regenerate soon) to look back over my life, expect more personality, more brutality and realness. My resolutions?


1 - Say yes, be myself.
This year I'm going to become more positive. I am going to say yes to the things I want to do, no matter how scared I am, or how dorky it may seem. Last year, I spent too long focusing on things I did not want to do to "fit in" with the "cool kids" at university. Now, I know I should be myself and this is what I am going to do. 

2 - Save, save, save.
Although I am still in full time education, I really want to come out of it overdraft expenses free. It would be great to have some money spare at the end of the year without worrying. I stumbled across a lovely idea online called the 365 Day Penny Challenge. Day 1, you save 1p. Day 2, 2p. Day 100, 100p etc etc. According to the challenge, this will save close to £700 over the year without breaking the bank. Some weeks if I come under my weekly budget, I will add the remaining amount. I hope to reach £1000. 

3 - Use my planner. 
I go through phases of loving an idea on youtube, buying everything possibly related, and not using it. I splashed out on a planner, washie tape, decorative paper etc when I found the idea of "glam planners". This year, my goal is to use and carry the planner everywhere. No more forgetfulness. 

4 - Self first.
This year, I plan on focusing on myself. I need to achieve full health and a degree before anything. However, I do wish to arrange girly nights weekly. Although I am at university, since admitting to myself I do not enjoy clubbing and after discovering it was causing me to become ill anyway, I haven't done much out of fear of not being accepted. I hope to find a nice group of friends to spend time with - minus the night club!!

5 - University first.
I am a bugger for working hours upon hours to generate a higher income to buy things I do not need. In 2016, I plan to cut down my work hours to a maximum of 20hours a week (this still sounds a lot but I work on average 40hours a week). My focus needs to be university, not my two part time jobs that will not last forever. 

6 - Read more. 
When I was younger, I used to spend hours engrossed in novel after biography after novel. I really want to take some time to myself to read and relax. 

7 - Sleep.
This sounds so silly but I do not sleep. I want to try to get a quality 7 hours a night. 


See you soon, I promise.

Emily 

x

Share:

0 comments