Spotlight TK Maxx: The Stila Edit


The TK Maxx in Leeds is absolutely amazing. It has a large range of "gold label" clothing, well-known high end makeup brands and a great haircare section. Here's what I picked up from a Stila Selection before Christmas...

Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer: Hue

The first thing that I picked up was this Stila Stay All Day Foundation & Concealer in the shade "Hue - 5". I think I paid £6.99 for this, the RRP is £29.50 so this was an absolute steal. Now, the only snag here was that the concealer was missing from the top section, and the brush was not in the box either. Still, this did not particularly bother me. When you open the foundation, this really weird spoony spatular thing is in the lid. I'm not quite sure of Stila's idea behind this. I just use it to dot foundation onto my face, then blend it out with a stipling brush.

So, onto the product. the consistency is really thick but offers full coverage. I wouldn't recommend building it as it goes quite orange. If I was matched properly, I possibly would buy this foundation again. I certainly would not pay £30 for it, as it's not my favourite. I've been using it for everyday use and after further research you can get it on eBay for about £15. I think this would work better for people with dry skin. 


Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow: Vintage Black Gold



Next up is this simply beautiful gold eyeshadow. These retail on Feel Unique for a staggering £33.50!!

What.
The.
Fuck.

So anyway, I paid £2.99 for this (?!!).. Once again there was a snag - the Stay All Day Liquid Day Eye Shadow Primer had actually dried up when I tried to use it. The eyeshadow works perfectly without it, though, so again not too bothered for the sake of over a £30 saving (I still can't quite get my head around it). I do wish I'd have picked up the "dusty rose" one, too. They were out of stock when I went back.

I'm actually really impressed with this. It's so pigmented and I get a thousand compliments when I wear it. I have found it's best to apply with your finger, as it does just get stuck in brushes or doesn't pick up properly. The texture is so difficult to explain. It feels wet on the lids, but it's such a dry substance. 

I have ordered a Makeup Revolution version of this. It was £2, so I'm definitely going to do a comparison to see if I can spot over £30's worth of difference!


My overall views:
Though I am pleased I picked up these products, I definitely would not have paid full price for them. You can absolutely get more for your money. I'm going to keep my eye out and hopefully pick another of the eye foils up, though. 

This is going to be, hopefully, a series of posts on TK Maxx beauty. Look out for more bargain finds!

Love always, Emily x

Share:

0 comments